Visit Vygie on their Insta.
275g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
A few drops of almond extract
Zest of two cape rough skin lemons
4 free range eggs separated
240g ground almonds
300g Zandam ricotta
Icing sugar for dusting
- Butter a 22cm springform cake tin and preheat oven to 160ºC.
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, almond extract and lemon zest until pale and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and beat on high speed until well combined.
- Add ground almonds and beat to combine.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into almond mixture.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for about 50 minutes until firmed up in the centre and browned on top.
- Allow to cool and dust with icing sugar.
- Great served with thick cream or a cup of herbal tea.