We’re quite adamant about the best dishes for summer in South Africa: salads! Burrata is a modern Italian cheese made from Mozzarella and cream. It has a solid Mozzarella shell, filled with stracciatella (fresh Mozzarella shreds soaked in cream). This gives Zandam Burrata an unusual soft texture and it is perfect with the crisp sweetness of the strawberries and fragrant mint in this recipe.
FOR THE PESTO
2 cups (40g) mint leaves
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup (120 ml) olive oil
FOR THE SALAD
2 cups (300g) strawberries, sliced
About 100g (one tub) of Zandam Burrata
A handful of fresh mint
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Process the ingredients for the pesto in a food processor. If you don’t have one, finely chop everything and combine together.
- Place the mint leaves and strawberry slices on your serving plate. Sprinkle with some salt and cracked black pepper.
- Add the pesto and gently stir to coat the strawberries with the pesto.
- Gently tear the Zandam Burrata open and place in the middle of the serving plate.
- Serve and enjoy the taste of our award-winning cheese!